Lemon Blueberry Cake





This is a quick lemon cake that benefits from the lovely addition of blueberries. You could leave out the berries if you're after a classic lemon drizzle cake, though the blueberries are heavenly!

I love pound cake, and I have tried a bunch of recipes...this one makes a beautiful cake. The cake rose right to the top edge of the tube pan, but I did have to let it bake about 20 minutes longer than specified, so be sure you test it with a wooden skewer before assuming it's done. I followed the recipe as written with only a few minor changes: added one teaspoon vanilla extract in addition to the lemon flavoring, didn't measure the lemon zest - just used the zest of one large lemon, and added about a cup of diced fresh cherries I had and needed to use. I tossed the fruit with flour, and this kept them distributed throughout the cake without sinking. The cake has a wonderful flavor and texture, and is easy to prepare. This is a good basic pound cake recipe, and you could experiment with other extracts and berries. I'm adding this to my pound cake repetoire!
 

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

The WORST EVER Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tres Leches Cake

We Held A Chocolate Chip Cookie Taste-A-Thon